Thursday, July 15, 2010

DIY: Body Scrub

I recently ran out of my sea salt body scrub, which I purchased at this event in October, and I was desperate to get rid of all the dead skin on my body. I decided to put together sugar and olive oil and use that as my scrub. It works really well!

I already use sugar and lemon juice as a scrub on my face so why not switch it up? I prefer to use brown sugar because it's slightly denser than regular white sugar.

I love body scrubs, they really make a huge difference. I tend to pick up the body washes that have the little moisture beads, it does make my life easier and is very useful.

I like to use the scrub twice a week to ensure that the dead skin is gone. And to keep it away. Having soft, smooth skin helps my moisturizer sink in. My skin really soaks in the moisture.




Here are the instructions for the scrub:

Materials/Ingredients:
- measuring cup
- container or jar
- brown sugar
- olive oil

Steps:

1. Fill the measuring cup with as much sugar as you need.
(I used about a cup. This should last me for a month. It really depends on how much you need)

2. Pour the sugar into container or jar.
** Make sure there is a proper seal for the container.

3. Pour out half the amount of olive oil; there should be a greater ratio of sugar.
** If you used 1/2 cup of sugar than measure out 1/4 cup of olive oil

4. Mix together thoroughly

5. Enjoy your homemade scrub!

**Tip: use the scrub BEFORE you shower. It works a lot better on dry skin, meaning no water involved as yet. The removal of the dead skin is a lot more effective.

**pictures of my scrub coming soon

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I love your blog.
An I have giving you an " I love your blog " award on my blog.

Please check my blog for the rules.

Thanks girl :)

Post a Comment